ITV, Channel 4 and Freeview DOWN – users complain of huge channel outage
ITV, Channel 4 and Freeview appear to have stopped working for thousands of users across the UK.
A major outage affecting the live TV channels has been widely reported since around 2.20pm.
Users have swarmed online outage tracker Down Detector to complain about the issue.
Thousands of TV fans have flocked online, warning that the channels have "no signal" on Freeview.
But ITV and Channel 4 appear to be working on other platforms.
Live outage maps show that the issues appear to be concentrated in London.
But reports are coming in from farther afield too, including Birmingham and Manchester.
On Twitter, users are saying that the outage is linked to specific channels on Freeview.
Telly watchers say that the BBC is still accessible, but ITV and Channel 4 can't be watched.
One wrote: "Any one else's terrestrial TV gone down? #freeview"
We've asked Freeview for comment and will update this story with any response.
What is Freeview?
Freeview is the main (and only) digital terrestrial TV platform in the UK.
It's managed by DTV Services, which is a joint venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky.
Freeview launched back in 2002, picking up the licence from ITV Digital.
Access is provided nationwide by TV aerials.
The service has 85 TV channels, 26 radio channels and 10 HD channels.
All new TV sets sold in the UK since 2008 have shipped with built-in Freeview tuners.
To watch HD channels, you need a special HDTV-capable TV tuner.
You can also get Freeview Play catch-up content if your TV has access to the internet.
More to come…
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, Google Chrome users have been urged to delete their browser.
Facebook recently rebranded to Meta.
Check out the best iPhone 13 deals in October 2021.
And take a look at your hidden Facebook rejection folder.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com
Source: Read Full Article