Top-secret Samsung AirPods rivals appear on Facebook Marketplace days before announcement – The Sun
PHOTOS of wireless earphones said to be Samsung's answer to Apple's AirPods Pro have appeared in a listing on Facebook Marketplace.
The Galaxy Buds Pro are expected to be unveiled next week, but the leaked snaps leave very little to the imagination.
They show the Galaxy Buds' black charging case alongside a pair of the earphones, as well as a snap of the packaging.
Emblazoned on the box is the name "Galaxy Buds Pro", seemingly confirming multiple rumours alluding to the audio gadget's name.
The listing, reported by SamMobile yesterday, appears to have since disappeared from Facebook Marketplace.
The tech news site said that the seller claimed to have got their hands on two pairs of the ear buds, and was selling one for $180 (£130).
They also provided an image of the back of the packaging, which contained details of the Galaxy Bud Pro's specs.
As well as an improved IPX7 water-resistance rating, the buds feature Active Noise Cancelling technology to take them in line with AirPods Pro, which were released by Apple last year.
A hefty 18-hour battery life is also championed on the packaging.
Samsung has long been rumoured to be unveiling the latest version of its Galaxy Buds earphones this month.
It's thought that the South Korean firm will showcase the tech alongside three new smartphones.
Samsung on Sunday announced a new gadget event where the firm is expected to unveil its latest consumer tech.
The Galaxy Unpacked showcase will take place on January 14, according to a short official teaser video.
Multiple leaks and rumours suggest that fans are due their first look at three new mobiles: The Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra.
The 12-second clip doesn't give fans a lot to work with.
It shows what appears to be the S21's triple camera module floating within a translucent cube, alongside the tagline: "Welcome to the everyday epic."
Aside from that, fans remain largely in the dark over the specs of Samsung's new mobiles – as well as what they'll look like.
However, a flurry of leaks and rumours in recent weeks have all-but confirmed what to expect from the S21 line-up.
Samsung – a brief history
Here’s what you need to know…
- Samsung is a major South Korean company made up of many businesses that operate globally
- It's known locally as a "chaebol", which means "business conglomerate"
- It was founded by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a trading company
- But over several decades, it branched out into food processing, insurance, textiles and retail
- It wasn't until the late 1960s when Samsung entered the electronics industry – for which it's best known in the west today
- It also launched businesses in construction and shipbuilding in the 1970s
- Today, Samsung's most important sources of income are its smartphones and computer chips
- The firm accounts for around a fifth of South Korea's total exports, and roughly 17% of the country's GDP
- More than 320,000 staff are employed by Samsung globally
- And in 2017, Samsung turned over the equivalent of £174billion today in revenue
The S21 and S21 Plus are said to share the same spec sheet, with the Plus coming in slightly larger.
The S21 Ultra will boast higher specs and will be even larger, while also sporting a curved display and support for Samsung's S Pen stylus.
The mobiles are reported to cost between £800 / $800 and £1,200 / $1,200.
The Galaxy Unpacked event will kick off at 3pm GMT / 10am ET.
In other news, Instagram has added a new Vanish Mode that lets you send self-deleting texts.
The Samsung Galaxy Flip Z could be first the world's first cheap foldable smartphone.
And, check out our iPhone 12 review.
Are you excited for Samsung's new gadgets? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Read Full Article